How California Hematology Oncology Medical Group Adopted a VoIP System to Improve Staff and Employee Experience at 2 Clinics
California Hematology Oncology Medical Group (CHOMG) is a dedicated team comprised of board certified specialists in blood disorders and medical oncology with a caring ancillary staff committed to the enhancement of the physical and spiritual well being of cancer patients and their families. CHOMG’s dedication to providing the best patient experience over the years includes adopting the most sophisticated technology available to the medical industry. Through this methodology, CHOMG is able to fulfill their mission in providing the most compassionate and individualized attention for their patients.
The need for more functionality to provide staff and patients with a modern experience.
- Cost savings and protecting their bottom line
- Unifying communication for 2 locations with call routing
- Promoting consistent business communications for remote workers
- Management of high patient call volume and voicemails for doctors
- Supporting environmentally friendly offices
- Internal management of features and functionality
- Shifting all focus to patient care instead of infrastructure management
When selecting a service provider, we watch for 2 things; that the vendor is cognizant of our bottom line and that the vendor is able to provide us with rapid responses when we have questions and/or problems that need to be solved for. UniVoIP covered both – Lorene Cangiano, Practice Administrator, PA, RN
Transitioning from PBX to VoIP to modernize their medical practice.
CHOMG’s unique relationship with UniVoIP spans further back than their decision to move to a cloud-based phone system. Originally, CHOMG was serviced by Telenet VoIP Inc., UniVoIP’s parent company, specializing in high-quality design and installation of integrated systems including PBX solutions.
As CHOMG’s facilities continued to flourish and their patient experience demanded more advanced functionality, the medical practice decided to consider adopting a VoIP solution that could satisfy staff and patient needs.
Transitioning from their PBX system to the cloud was as simple as keeping their infrastructure in the Telenet-UniVoIP family. Now with UniVoIP for almost a decade, CHOMG continues to diligently provide the most sophisticated and modern communications technology that not only improves staff productivity and collaboration, but also ensures their patients are met with the care that they deserve.
A Cloud-based Phone Solution that empowers patient-staff interactions.
- Mobile workers are provided with the same functionality as office workers
- Office managers can easily coordinate the phone system for both locations online
- Staff is more accessible to patients despite staff moving between locations
- Staff can better collaborate with 4-digit extension-to-extension dialing
- Doctors manage high call volume and voicemails with voicemail-to-email functionality
- Complete elimination of fax machines by leveraging fax-via-email
CHOMG’s transition from a PBX system to the cloud afforded the medical practice with a spectrum of benefits that a PBX system could not offer. From features to functionality, cost savings, 24/7/365 customer support, centralized management of both CHOMG facililties, remote worker capabilities and powerful patient-facing tools, CHOMG entered next generation patient care.
Additionally, the EPA states that the average U.S. office worker uses about 10,000 sheets of copy paper every year and one tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper, or 8.333.3 sheets. With UniVoIP’s unlimited UniFax (Fax-via-email) functionality, each CHOMG employee is able to save on average 1 tree per year, drastically reduce their carbon footprint, and can now promote environmentally friendly operations in an almost paperless office.
Being with UniVoIP has been hassle free, the solution covers all of our needs and by sticking with UniVoIP, we have avoided the outrageous prices and hidden fees of other solutions. We have a great relationship with UniVoIP. UniVoIP’s cooperation with our team has always been perfect. – Lorene Cangiano, Practice Administrator, PA, RN
- Encrypted/secured voicemail and voicemail-to-email functionality
- UC/Softphone capabilities, on PC and smartphones, simplifying mobile communication
- Going green and decreasing operational costs of managing an antiquated fax machine
- More effective call handling to ensure patient calls are always answered
- Increased productivity for telecommuting staff with an in-office communications experience
- Cost savings and predictable monthly expenses
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) enables staff to be more present for patients in the office
- Auto Attendant greetings and patient notifications 24/7
- Amplified patient care with consistent doctor-patient interactions between locations
- Enhanced critical response times with better call handling functionality
- Improved trust in data security that protects patient records
- Reduced infrastructure expenses puts more budget towards patient care