Sonus Solutions Address the Growing SMB Demand for Unified Communications by Bringing Security, Reliability and Intelligence to the Cloud.
- Sonus and UniVoIP deliver a best-of-breed Cloud-hosted PBX solution.
- Sonus SBC 5100 Session Border Controllers (SBC) series deployed in UniVoIP data centers for protection against network attacks; flexibility when expanding into new geographic regions and to ensure high availability.
- UniVoIP is the only service provider integrating both Mitel Cloud solutions with Level3 voice and data connectivity and Sonus SBCs – offering a complete Cloud-based Unified Communications (UC) service.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced that it has enabled UniVoIP, a leader in Cloud communications and the only service provider integrating Mitel Cloud solutions with voice and data connectivity, to enhance the security of UniVoIP’s Cloud-based PBX network. Together, UniVoIP and Sonus will deliver a complete Cloud-based Unified Communications (UC) service to end users.
With the increase in video and other UC applications, many small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) are challenged with the high cost and expertise associated with managing premise-based PBX solutions and, as a result, look to the Cloud for a hosted alternative. UniVoIP OfficeConnect offers a carrier-grade network-based Voice over IP (VoIP) application that includes voice, fax, conferencing and Internet, and also integrates Mitel Cloud-solutions with major voice and data connectivity providers. UniVoIP selected Sonus Session Border Controllers (SBCs) to ensure that its customers transition from an on-premise infrastructure network to a Cloud communication network securely, reliably and cost effectively.
UniVoIP’s decision to implement the Sonus SBC 5100 series in its two data centers provides the company with a geo-redundant solution that ensures its Cloud-based communications platform will meet customers need for secure, reliable real-time communications 24x7x365.
The Sonus SBC 5100 series deliver complete network protection from theft of service and Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks in addition to unparalleled scalability, flexible SIP routing and tested interoperability. The Sonus SBC 5100 series unparalleled scalability also allows flexible growth to UniVoIP customers, resulting in a faster time to value and market. Moreover, the Sonus SBC 5100 series has been architected to provide unified authentication of incoming traffic from customer user devices, while maintaining and enabling 99.999% reliability service.
The Sonus SBC 5100 series’ built-in media transcoding also enables UniVoIP to offer wider multi-device support, which is increasingly critical as SMBs embrace Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategies.
“There is a misperception that the move from on-premise networks to ‘the Cloud’ is insecure or unreliable,” said Myk Konrad, vice president, Cloud & Go-to-Market, Sonus. “When combining the advanced, robust solutions of UniVoIP and Sonus SBCs, small and mid-sized business can be confident that their real-time communications will be securely and reliably delivered over their Cloud-based network.”
“SBCs are the first line of defense in a voice and video communications network,” said Matt Ladewig, vice president, Network Operations, UniVoIP. “So it’s not an understatement to say that our entire business depends on our Sonus SBCs. We weighed the decision to choose Sonus very carefully, because we knew our customers would be weighing their decision to choose UniVoIP based largely on security and reliability.”
UniVoIP has built a total Cloud-based PBX for enterprise based on leading technologies from Sonus (positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers” published October 21, 2013 by Gartner, Inc.) and Mitel (positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Unified Communication” published Aug 4, 2014 by Gartner, Inc.).
- Sonus SBC solutions are Miercom Performance Verified and are used in many of the world’s mission-critical networks spanning finance, oil and gas, manufacturing, transportation, education, retail, healthcare and pharmaceutical markets.
- Click here to download a copy of press release.
- Click here to download a copy of the UniVoIP and Sonus case study.
- Click here to download electronic copies of Sonus’ industry-leading reference guides: SIP Trunking for Dummies, Session Border Controllers for Dummies, WebRTC for Dummies and VoLTE for Dummies.
- To learn more about the Sonus SBC 5100 series click here.
About Sonus Networks
Sonus enables and secures real-time communications so the world’s leading service providers and enterprises can embrace the next generation of SIP and 4G/LTE solutions including VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With customers in nearly 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.