Enterprise-class voice made easy for Microsoft Office 365 and Skype For Business (formerly Lync) environments
Whatever platform you’ve chosen for your general unified communications (UC) client effective voice communication is, or should be, the heart of your communications strategy. It’s what underlies the effectiveness of every business process and workflow.
If your platform of choice is Microsoft Office 365 / Skype For Business (Lync), OfficeConnect Enterprise makes voice easy, by seamlessly integrating all of UniVoIP OfficeConnect’s industry-leading enterprise voice capabilities into your Office 365 environment without the need for a mix of third-party voice components and gateways. This provides people in any role at any organizational level with the voice communication features they need to stay productive—in the office or while mobile.
Building on UniVoIP cloud based phones services, we provide voice and presence integration with Microsoft desktop applications. OfficeConnect Enterprise leverages and extends the capabilities of Office 365 (Lync) / Skype For Business, adding the richness and quality of a proven OfficeConnect enterprise voice communications solution.
OfficeConnect Enterprise delivers comprehensive voice capabilities so seamlessly and transparently that workers enjoy full-featured voice communications from an industry leader without having to leave their familiar Office 365 environment.
A seamless experience – in the office or while mobile
With OfficeConnect Enterprise for Office 365, people throughout the enterprise, in any role, gain access to a complete range of telephony features without having to leave their familiar business environment. And with mobility as a core component, it provides an in-office experience anywhere—on the road, at home … or just down the corridor.
OfficeConnect extends the Skype for Business client to OfficeConnect voice call control features, such as click-to-call, incoming call device selection, and more. It includes in-call features like forward, transfer, and embedded conferencing. Workers can control their desk phones and mobile devices and move calls between devices, all from within the Skype for Business client.
When Skype For Business is installed with Microsoft desktop applications, OfficeConnect Enterprise also supports voice integration with Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and click-to-call from leading web browsers.
A full range of enterprise features
- Integrating OfficeConnect into a Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business environment delivers the full range of mission-critical, enterprise-class voice features.
- Flexible calling options. Initiate calls with a click on your Lync/Skype for Business Contact list, from the Lync/Skype for Business search window, from the UniVoIP Call window at the bottom of the Lync/Skype for Business client, or from Microsoft Office applications. Or call from the “recently dialed” or “frequently dialed” window, from call history, from an IM conversation or
- Lync/Skype for Business IM conversation history.
- Inbound call notification. See incoming calls in a pop-up window, and choose from a selection of call handling options, such as answering a call, forwarding it, or transferring it to voicemail.
- Call forwarding, auto answer, and call history. Forward calls to any of your communications devices, set auto answer for desk-phones, and display detailed information about call history.
- In-call features. Invoke a range of control capabilities during a call, including holding, transferring, or escalating a call.
- A range of client modes. Make and receive calls on your Desktop phone, soft-phone, PC or mobile device.
- Presence and availability features. Voice presence is integrated with Lync/Skype for Business presence indication, so you know when Lync/Skype for Business users are on the phone. Lync/Skype for Business presence status is automatically updated based on voice activity and settings.
- Single sign-on. UniVoIP OfficeConnect for Lync/Skype for Business launches automatically when you launch the Lync/Skype for Business client.
- Status bar. Indicates your current connection status and messages.
- Preference settings. Set up and modify voice related settings for OfficeConnect for Lync.
With OfficeConnect, employees have the same “in-office” communications experience from anywhere, with a single identity, phone number, voice mailbox, and extension. Single number reach ensures that multiple devices can be programmed to ring for an incoming call, including your desk-phone, soft-phone, teleworker line, cell phone or home phone. And mobile device hand off you can move a call you’re on from your desk-phone to another device, such as a cell phone or home phone.
The OfficeConnect for Lync/Skype for Business embedded mobility solutions, such as basic Twinning, Dynamic Extension, and Hot-Desking, free workers to communicate from wherever their business takes them, without the burden of escalating mobility costs.
Hot-Desking ensures that employees continue to be accessible and productive no matter which business location they are working from. They can log into any UniVoIP IP Phone, located at any of your offices or even at home, to access personal preferences and have calls routed to their device of choice.
Simple, powerful web-based management
With OfficeConnect for Lync’s web-based management capabilities, an administrator can control a multi-platform OfficeConnect solution directly from a web browser, as if it was a single-platform solution. And because there are no third party components to integrate, the entire solution can be managed from a single pane of glass.