Tips for Making a Business Mobile
With so much of today’s business being conducted on mobile devices via cloud-based servers, companies have more opportunities than ever before to reach broad markets, both domestic and international, with minimal startup costs and low overhead. Thanks to cloud-enabled mobile workforce solutions, a company can hire workers both locally and across hundreds of miles. This technology has leveled the playing field between new and established companies, allowing the former to surpass the latter in many cases.
Of course, companies new and old stand to gain from mobile cloud-based solutions. For a business to adapt to the modern marketplace, it is essential to utilize multimedia customer interaction solutions. This way, customers can more easily interact with a business and become loyal in the process. Most importantly, businesses need organized management solutions to ensure each employee fulfills their role and that teams can stay connected at all times.
Cloud-based workforce management solutions are the wave of the future. With recent advances in mobile technology, most workers are ready for the revolution. According to the Citrix Mobile Analytics Report, the average worker uses three devices on a daily basis for work-related activities. Furthermore, 61% of workers complete at least some work-related projects outside the office. For any company that is looking to make the transition, the following three ingredients are necessary for enterprise mobility
Power Mobile Devices
MiCollab is a mobile cloud-based collaboration solution that works for businesses of all kinds, both large and small. The solution allows companies to maintain a team of workers across vast distances, yet keep everyone interconnected by the minute. The solution also makes it easy for colleagues to stay connected and share information across various devices. At the same time, MiCollab makes it simpler for management to keep things organized and maintain a productive workforce with these features:
- Send a colleague a message via chat: When colleagues collaborate on business projects from different locations, it is crucial for each party involved to communicate with one another. With MiCollab and Wi-Fi, messages can be sent from one party to another, be it one-on-one or to multiple people — and it can be done from any location.
- Send files to colleagues on any device: As projects are coordinated between parties in different buildings, cities and continents, a file completed on one end can be sent to colleagues in far places instantly with MiCollab. For example, if a team of six are each working on separate portions of a collective report, each section can be sent from the assigned individual to his or her colleagues from anywhere, and vice versa.
- Initiate a call through voice or video: Mobile cloud-based communication solutions like MiCollab allow colleagues to interact with voice or video from any location via smartphones, pads, laptops and PCs. With so many companies now hiring teams of telecommuters across vast distances, the only type of “meeting” that colleagues often have is via voice or video chat. MiCollab streamlines this process between all parties involved in a mobile workforce.
- Start a scheduled or impromptu conference call: Thanks to the latest innovations in mobile software, a cloud-based mobile workforce can maintain all the structure and order of a traditional, in-office team. When management needs to call everyone together for a company meeting, it can easily be coordinated between all company personnel with MiCollab. Best of all, not one needs to have fancy, elaborate computer equipment to take part, as the solution works on simple, everyday handheld devices.
Create a Collaborative Mobile Workspace for Teams
MiTeam is an extension of MiCollab that facilitates mobile collaboration and workstream communications. With MiTeam, all of the various solutions necessary for workstream management are combined into one place. When a managerial department needs to delegate tasks, implement action items and distribute documents, MiTeam is the most effective cloud-based workforce management solution on the market today:
- Set up team streams: In most companies, the completion of projects involves a progressive stream of tasks — a workstream — which could entail everything from engineering and drafting to procurement, maintenance and shipping. With MiTeam, everything relevant to a team can easily be synchronized so that everyone is in the loop during each stop along the stream. This way, responsibilities can more easily pass from team A to team B and so forth, even with colleagues spread across vast distances.
- Real-time team management: Mobile cloud-based collaboration solutions keep colleagues coordinated and productive across great distances, but just as importantly, solutions like MiTeam allow management departments to do their job and keep everyone on the same page. When a project is in progress, management can check in to see how things are going and offer input along the way. When a document needs signatures from the top down, MiTeam makes it possible from any device.
- Organize and mobilize teams: A cloud-based workforce management solution like MiTeam makes it easier to organize and mobilize a team of telecommuters from any location. Regardless of how geographically spread apart a company’s workforce might be, the solution allows management based in one location — be it a New York office building or a West Coast beach house — to assign projects and initiate meetings to entire groups of colleagues spread across the globe.
- Employee presence on any device: MiCollab, which features MiTeam, is optimized for mobile technology. As such, the solution can be utilized by anyone with a simple handheld communications device — which pretty much accounts for the vast majority of today’s workers in the U.S. and abroad. The cloud-based mobile workforce solution provides a unified work experience between PC and Mac users alike, as well as for anyone who accesses the solution from a coffee shop via smartphone or tablet.
Multimedia Contact Center to Provide Elite Customer Service
- Customers go mobile: Today, 64% of smartphone users shop online. Additionally, customers text friends and colleagues while visiting shops on foot. With eight trillion text messages exchanged globally each day, the word-of-mouth exposure for businesses is infinite. With the right multimedia customer interaction tool, customers can connect with businesses through a variety of avenues, such as by chat, SMS or shopping apps.
- Agents stay productive: Multimedia customer interaction management solutions make it easier for retail companies to manage themselves across all branches, from headquarters to storefronts. With an effective mobile workforce solution, a main branch can more easily monitor service agents and track progress at each location nationally and abroad. This way, companies can see which agents and locations are performing up to par.