Success Story: Providing a Better Banking Experience with VoIP
Leaving an Unreliable Avaya System Behind to Optimize Customer Service Experience with VoIP
About American Business Bank
American Business Bank (ABB) was established in 1997 by a small group of highly experienced and influential bankers frustrated by the practices of mega-corporate banking, especially relating to middle market companies. The executive team has more than one hundred sixty combined years in the banking industry and has served thousands of clients, making them one of the premier middle market business banks in United States. With an emphasis on customer experience, ABB takes pride in adopting the industry’s most modern technological tools in order to offer cutting edge banking practices.
High costs, poor customer service, increased security risk and limited phone system functionality.
- Outdated Avaya system with limited service desk
- Separate voice circuit at all 7 locations making consistent communication impossible
- Inability to continue servicing members during unforeseen system disturbances
- Growing maintenance and service costs
- Outdated customer-facing communication tools with limited accessibility to staff
- Meeting all required standards such as PCI and SSAE16
With Avaya, we were paying quite a bit in long distance and maintenance fees. When we needed anything beyond a phone line, service was a nightmare. We were really limited by lack of system functionality. – Edgar Garrobo, VP of IT
In the midst of expansion to new locations, ABB decided it was time to move away from Avaya, a premise-based solution and move towards a fully secured and scalable cloud solution leveraging the existing ABB IT infrastructure. Considering several Cloud VoIP/UC/CC companies, ABB was most impressed with the functionality of applications, mobility options, customer service, scalability and data security protocols of UniVoIP’s solutions.
With ABB customers at the pinnacle of priorities for the bank, American Business Bank’s decision to move forward with UniVoIP was fortified by the solution’s ability to completely revamp their telecom infrastructure in order to promote the most modern customer experience in the industry.
Deploying a Centrally Managed Solution with Best-In-Class Data Security Protocols
American Business Bank chose to go with UniVoIP’s OfficeConnect™ Enterprise Edition particularly for its optimized customer-facing technology and best-in-class data security protocols to ensure the bank met all applicable standards including data encryption and business continuity – a must for financial services.
- Disaster Avoidance contingencies to promote unbroken operations during natural disasters
- Centralized management across sites with a user-friendly online portal
- No unplanned downtime during deployment
- Web portal for all necessary changes
- Solution customization and user-control for a personalized handler experience
- Meeting regulations by anticipating cyber security risks eliminating vulnerabilities
- 24/7/365 customer support
- Optimized member-facing communication tools promoting exceptional customer experience
- 4-digit extension-to-extension dialing for easy staff collaboration across all sites
- Encrypted/secured voicemail and voicemail-to-email functionality
- Hot-desking allowing staff to move between sites and extension follows
- Advanced employee collaboration and productivity tools with Unified Communications
- Integration with CRM to power intelligent staff-member interactions
- UC/Softphone capabilities, on PC smartphones, simplifying mobile business communication
- Nested hunt groups to ensure all member’s calls are answered LIVE
- Increased accessibility to staff on-the-go or moving between locations
- Enhanced trust that their data is secured in an increasingly digital service
- Advanced Interactive Voice Response (IVR) promoting a more personalized banking experience
- Immediately reaching the best person to handle their needs to promote First Call Resolution
- Auto Attendant greetings and important banking notifications available 24/7
“We are now able to provide our customers with a modern banking experience that best represents the quality of service we aim to provide them. Now, our bank as a whole, looks like a much more reliable place to do business because of UniVoIP – Edgar Garrobo, VP of IT