Top 10 Trends Impacting Your Contact Center
Is your contact center ready to face today’s hottest trends?
Many companies are attempting to shift their operating model to improve value and customer experience in their contact centers. Unfortunately, many are leaving value on the table by continuing to operate in the traditional way.
In addition to focusing on adding value and reducing costs, a cloud contact center shifts your reactive service and support model to a proactive, analytics-enabled and multimedia interactive model that builds customer loyalty, offers service upgrades and anticipates/resolves customer issues before they occur.
Forward-thinking customer service and channel managers can create an immediate impact and a long-term advantage by considering and selecting the best cloud contact center provider and the right solution that fits their unique needs.
Today’s enterprises are faced with a complex marketplace that requires companies to adapt quickly to an ever-evolving customer centric multimedia environment. Consumer expectations are growing at a rapid rate and companies must be able to evolve and deliver on technological infrastructures that meet consumer demands.
So what do you need to know about today’s latest trends in contact center technology that are certain to impact your decision making process?
1. TREND: Half of the world’s population uses mobile phones and usage is expected to grow at least 5% per year.
FACT: Mobile phones are essential in today’s business environment. A business phone solution must support mobility for all employees.
2. TREND: One-third of all web pages are now being served on mobile devices.
FACT: A mobile optimized website with all the necessary communication features is critical for a proper customer experience.
3. TREND: One-quarter of the world’s population has active Social Media accounts.
FACT: An advanced multi-media contact center monitors conversations as they occur on third-party, social media sites.
4. TREND: Customer communications are increasingly digital.
FACT: Give customers options on how to communication with support. Make it easy and efficient by offering multiple channels of digital communication controlled by one dynamic customer-centric contact center.
5. TREND: 74% of consumers use three or more channels for customer interactions.
FACT: Phone, email, text and social media all monitored under one central control center are necessary forms of communication between businesses and consumers.
6. TREND: There was 3.9 million mobile applications available as of July 2015 and there will be 50 billion internet connected devices by 2020.
FACT: Offering employees a way to stay connected from anywhere, at any time and on any device is a vital aspect of today’s successful business operations. Empower employees with a cloud-based mobile application that supports business phone system capabilities
7. TREND: Use of web self-service options increased to 76% in 2014.
FACT: Take the burden off contact center employees, reduce manpower requirements and provide customers with web self-service options.
8. TREND: Modern business analytics are revealing details about customers that were never before understood.
FACT: Automated interactions, advanced routing, algorithms, and workforce management tools, with sophisticated real-time historical reporting capabilities are fundamental necessities to ensure superior customer experience.
9. TREND: Mergers and acquisitions had an estimated value of $4.31 trillion worldwide in 2015.
FACT: With mergers and acquisitions, enterprise grade cloud-based technology, including multi-channel contact centers, is necessary to support the scalable needs of the largest companies in the world.
10. TREND: Public and Private clouds are becoming more and more capable of supporting mission critical applications.
FACT: A cloud-based contact center is 100% scalable, allowing the on-demand addition of agents and services based on call volume and demand. Fortified with enterprise-class, resilient architecture to enhance call agent productivity and provide excellent customer service, the cloud is the key to the ultimate customer experience.