What is The California Teleconnect Fund (CTF)?
The California Teleconnect Fund (CTF) was established by Decision (D.) 96-10-066 and is governed by Public Utilities Code Sections 280 and 884. In D.96-10-066, the CPUC reaffirmed its commitment to universal service, and in accordance with state and federal directives, created the CTF program to provide discounted rates to qualifying K-12 schools, libraries, community colleges, government-owned hospitals and health clinics, community-based organizations (CBOs), and healthcare CBOs. Qualified entities receive a 50% discount on eligible advanced telecommunications services through telecommunications carriers participating in the program. The CTF program is funded through a surcharge on all customers that purchase intrastate telecommunications services and has an adopted budget of $128 million for Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
“Community based organization” is defined as a small, nongovernmental, California nonprofit corporation which itself directly serves individuals and families and which offers services to anyone who needs it without charge or at a minimal fee.
- Revenues less than $5 million. Large CBOs with small individual local chapters or offices can apply for the local individual organization if that individual organization operates below the $5 million cap.
- Qualifying services* must be 50% or more of a CBO’s mission
- IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt letter
- IRS 990 or other financial statements and attestation, if they do not have a From 900 or if they Form 990 is inadequate
- Provides its community access to the internet (community access means members of the community – not just staff – must be able to use the computers) – except for Health Care/ Health Services or 2-1-1 CBOs;
- Provides services directly to individuals at specific geographic locations;
- A majority of the members of the Board of Directors are members of the community the organization serves;
- Services are provided directly or through some closely related indirect assistance. “Indirect Assistance” means providing assistance on site to those unable to do so because of disability or limited English proficiency;
- Internet access for purely administrative purposes continues to be prohibited;
- Religious organizations must meet all the CBO criteria above and provide qualifying services through a separate legal entity that files a separate federal income tax return;
- 2-1-1 information and referral CBOs will continue to be eligible as approved by Commission resolution;
- The following eligibility criteria apply to Health Care/Health Services CBOs in addition to the general CBO eligibility criteria above:
- Have annual revenues of less than $50 million
- The licensed medical personnel that are required to be on site must provide Healthcare services to patients and not just provide administrative services
- Eligible Healthcare shall include those covered by any Californian medical insurance or government funded medical plan such as Medi-cal, Medicare, the Department of Veterans Affairs insurance, and/or provides services without charge or at a minimal fee
- California Telehealth Network members shall be individually be qualified before receiving California Teleconnect Fund discounts.
- An initial budget cap will be adopted for the Health Care/Health Services CBO category as a whole and an initial budget cap will be adopted for the California Telehealth Network membership group in particular
*”Qualifying services” include: health care, job training, job placement, 2-1-1 referral and information services, and educational instruction**, or a community technology program providing access to and training in the internet and other technologies.
**“Educational instruction” is “regular, ongoing, pre-school or k-12 academic educational or instructional programs, that can also include, ESL and language education, literacy, job training, technology instruction, and information on public benefit and social services programs eligibility and access.”
UniVoIP is a CTF Certified VoIP Service Provider
Powered by a team with over 40 years of experience together, UniVoIP is a pioneering leader offering CTF Certified VoIP and UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) solutions for organizations nationwide. UniVoIP offers comprehensive business communication platforms, multimedia contact center functionality, cloud-based collaborative and productivity tools, mobility applications, custom application integration with existing business systems and a world-renowned suite of advanced IP phones with mobile integration functionality.
Key Benefits of UniVoIP’s solutions:
- Exponential Savings – No initial investment and low monthly rates. Instantly save when you upgrade or move to a new location and happily avoid dropping a ton of money on purchasing new phones across the board. Oh, and no hidden fees too.
- Future Proof – Receive free upgrades for life and never get stuck with an outdated system. All updates are piped to your phones at no charge. Plus life-time warranties on each unit.
- Geographical Flexibility – Receive service wherever, whenever. Take that meeting in Kyoto, while picking up that call from NY, wherever there’s an internet connection, you’ll have phone service.
- Local Presence – Create outposts by setting a local phone number in any city and appear to have offices in that location. Expand business presence without having to rent an entire building.
- Credibility – Sound clear and professional when you pick up the phone and forget about call drops. Possess all the tools of an enterprise communications system at a fraction of the price.
- Scalability – Whether eight or eight hundred, scale as your organization grows. Need to open a new office? Not a problem; your system will be up in no time.
- Easy Setup / Easy to Use – Getting started is as simple as plugging in a phone, and with UniVoIP’s administrative portal customizing settings is a cinch.
- Mobility – In your car, or on the go, always have access to your phone system and never miss a call again. Whether it’s receiving a voice-mail via email, or having your desk phone twinned with your cell you will always be kept in the loop.
- 24/7 Support – It’s three in the morning and you need help. Don’t worry, just give our team a call and we’ll get right on it. UniVoIP Support is friendly, knowledgeable and gets the job done.
- Disaster Recovery – During a catastrophe phones are more vital than ever. UniVoIP’s robust system has full redundancy so your phones will always be online, no matter what
To inquire about CTF Certified Hosted VoIP contact email@example.com or call 855-UNIVOIP.